If your favorite coffee mug or garden gnome is broken and needs an adhesive that will not only fix it, but keep it functional, what follows is a list of the best eight that are available.
Bob Smith Industries BSI-135H Maxi-Cure Extra Thick Super Glue, 1 oz. – Best long shelf life glue
This fantastic, extra-thick glue from Bob Smith Industries can bond not only your ceramics but also wood, plastics, glass, leather, and rubber. Because it is a cyano-acrylic (CA) based glue, it can hold up well to the high temperatures and moisture that ceramics are exposed to. What’s more? It will not dry up on you as frequently occurs with many other brands of glue. Refrigerate after use, and you will be using this baby several months down the line, and it’s Oh-So-Friendly to your pocket, too!
- Perfect for almost any type of surface in your house
- Easy-to-clean nozzle and doesn’t dry out
- Its vapors can irritate, so the glue needs a well-ventilated location when you use it.
Pratley Epoxy Glue – Clear 2 Part Glass and All Purpose Adhesive Repair Kit – Best all-round product
This two-part epoxy glue will work on most surfaces like a charm and people have even used it to fix cracks in toilet bowls with great success! It is perfect for ceramics, glass, metal, concrete, stone, or fiberglass. This clear glue is especially useful on surfaces where the adhesive should not be visible. Mix it in small batches, though, as once the glue is mixed, its shelf life is limited.
- Is clear enough to remain invisible after use
- A super strong adhesive that can be used on various materials
- Proven track record since 1948
- Has a strong, unpleasant smell
Scotch Super Glue Liquid.07 Ounces (AD114) – Best value-priced product
This Scotch Super Glue comes in four convenient single-use tubes, which for many thrifty users makes better sense than having one large tube of glue that will eventually dry up before you are done with it. News on the grapevine, though, is that these single-use tubes can live to serve you another day if you clean their tips before putting the caps back on. This super glue liquid has a precision applicator that ensures you have no oozing, sticky mess all over your surfaces when gluing something broken. Scotch can also be applied to a wide range of surfaces in your home or workplace, ranging from leather, ceramics to plastics, wood, and vinyl.
- Sold in four single-use tubes for more prolonged use
- Has a precision applicator for controlled glue dispensing
- The liquid glue is a bit runny, and it’s a little bit harder to use
Starbond EM-02 Super Fast Thin, Premium Instant CA (Cyanoacrylate Adhesive) Super Glue plus Extra Cap and Microtips – Best easy-to-use product
If you are looking for watery thin cyanoacrylate adhesive that works perfectly for those tight spots, then this is the one for you. The formulation of this glue is designed to infiltrate pores and hairline fractures, and it will withstand the moist and hot environments ceramics are regularly exposed to. The cherry on this Starbond product, though, is the extra supplies you get with it. You will get two applicator caps, micro tips, and a clog-free stopper to make your glue work easy-peasy, as well as precise.
- Long lasting glue if kept under 40°F
- Has extra tools added to the product for precision gluing
- Thin glue is perfect for instrument repair and tight spots
- The spout is prone to leakage once opened
Professional Grade Cyanoacrylate (CA)”Super Glue” by Glue Masters – Best value size product
This cyanoacrylate adhesive glue from Glue Masters will be as old as the hills in glue years before you use it up, so long as you keep it refrigerated. Its large value size is perfect for crafty people who need substantial amounts of glue daily. It’s ideal for ceramics, but can also be used for general repairs around the house, including in carpentry. You may love it even more due to its ability to dry clear without leaving frosty gummy residues on your ceramics.
- Large value size
- Extended product shelf life
- Fast-cure super strong glue
- It can be difficult to take the cap off to use or reuse
Loctite Ultra Gel Control Super Glue 4-Gram (1363589) – Best mess-free glue
On the lookout for an adhesive that’s perfect for ceramics and doesn’t drip or run on application? This is it, ladies and gentlemen! The mess-free formulation allows this Loctite super glue to dry clear, too, and not clamp once set. Once applied, this glue is designed to resist shock, extreme temperatures, impact, and vibration so your glued pieces will stay together for a long time.
- Drip-free formulation
- Can be used on a variety of surfaces
- Has a precision control applicator
- Tends to dry up inside the bottle
Super Glue 15187 Super Glue, 12-Pack – Best value pack product
For starters, songs have been sung about this super glue’s handy 12 2 gram tubes that allow you to dispense the adhesive you need without exposing what you do not need to the air. Once larger tubes of glue are opened, what’s unused tends to dry up fast. The reusable clamshell storage case is a novel product design plus. It makes it easy for you to store the tubes of glue in your refrigerator without worry that another item will crush them and create a mess. It works on ceramics flawlessly and sets in seconds.
- Useful reusable storage case for glue tubes
- Sold in 12 2 gram tubes for extended shelf life
- Some users have some difficulty opening up the storage case.
Gorilla 4500104 Clear Glue 1.75 oz, Clear – Best clear glue
This non-foaming version of Gorilla glue is a big hit with users because it is not only super strong, but it also dries clear, leaving the glued surfaces even stronger. It is both for indoor and outdoor use and is water resistant enough to be intermittently soaked. It works not only with ceramics but also on foam, glass, stone, wood, and metal.
- Dries clear and doesn’t foam
- Doesn’t flake off with time, once applied
- It can withstand intermittent exposure to water
- Doesn’t dry fast and requires clamping of surfaces to set properly
How to Glue Broken Ceramics